Friday, August 23, 2013

Outer Hebrides

This week I have been on holiday up on the Outer Hebridean Island of North Uist, right off the very top of Scotland. I have never been anywhere quite like this place, so bleak and barren but absolutely stunning. When the sun comes out the colours are really fantastic and I am lucky enough to be staying with friends in their family's house complete with a little "byre" at the end of the garden overlooking the sea - perfect for painting. Its been a week full of fishing, lobster potting, diving for scallops and general out door pursuits, basically a week of stuffing ourselves full of the freshest seafood we can quite literally get our hands on. However, today, I finally found some quiet time to get down to some painting. As the internet connection is virtually non existent up here, I haven't managed to get images of my paintings on line just yet but will as soon as possible, for now, feast your eyes on our dinner last night!


No comments:

Post a Comment