Thursday, July 25, 2013

Abstract Castle

Anyone who knows me well, should also recognise this place, though rather abstracted, its a pretty ominous silhouette. It's Mont Orgueil Castle looming over Gorey Harbour in Jersey, Channel Islands, also known as the place I got married nearly 3 years ago. I did not begin this painting intentionally planning to paint this scene, however, after I applied a first layer of abstract doodle shapes on the surface (is that an artistic term?!) I could see the shape of the castle emerging so I went with it. I actually really love how it turned out so I'm undecided whether I might just have to keep this one for my own wall, particularly with the sentimental connection. Maybe I'll try some other similar scenes in this style. Again, sorry about the image, the oil is still wet and I couldn't seem to photograph it without some reflection.

"That Day" Mont Orgueil Castle, Jersey, oil on board, 8x8"

No comments:

Post a Comment