Sunday, July 12, 2015

RAW Brooklyn New York Show July 30th



I'm very excited to announce that I will be participating in a showcase at the Wick in Bushwick, New York at the end of the month. I was approached a few months ago by the director of RAW Brooklyn to see if I'd be interested in showing my work. RAW is an international community of creative individuals around the world who target artists in the first 10 years of their career and curate a one night, multi-genre showcase extravaganza!

So, I will be showing some of my recent paintings alongside a host of other talented individuals. You can read more about RAW here. I love their philosophy of making it easier for each artist to get their work out there and part of that is the way they get you to cover your "booth fees". Usually at this sort of event the artist is expected to shell out a hefty fee to pay for their space. Also, the venue often takes a commission on anything sold. However, RAW encourages each artist to sell 20 tickets in the run up to the show - thereby achieving 2 goals in 1 - covering their fee and also getting more punters through the door. They reduce the cost of the ticket to just $15 if you buy online rather than at the door. Online tickets are only available until July 23rd after that, it's $20 at the door and it doesn't count towards supporting me. 

So people, get buying..... to support me and purchase your ticket follow this link.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment